We are looking for a passionate and driven Medical Assistant to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with our dynamic group of clinical and non-clinical staff, all determined to do the right thing for our patients. All daily operations are busy and fast-paced in order to best serve our patients. A positive frame of mind and want to educate patients are key to success in this position.
Having previous experience working in a fast-paced and supportive specialty office is a plus. You will gain experience working in a weight management clinic offering nutritional counseling, use of evidence-based anti-obesity medications, and bariatric surgery. This is your chance to go above and beyond for your patients and fellow employees and provide support to our top-notch providers.
- Collects patient data, such as age, weight, height, and medical history.
- Assists the physician by preparing equipment and cleaning the treatment area.
- Cleans instruments and equipment used in medical procedures.
- Completes and monitors prior authorizations for prescribed medications and imaging as necessary.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as requested by supervising physician
- Requests records from primary care and specialist offices as requested by supervising physician.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with patients, providers, and primary care providers as necessary.
- Ensures consistent and appropriate communication with patients and physicians to maintain quality care and promote patient satisfaction.
- Maintains and applies current knowledge of various insurance plans’ criteria medications and updates staff accordingly.
- Additional tasks as assigned.