4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 ½ teaspoons Cumin
1 ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon oregano
2 pounds of Grass-Fed Ground Beef
1 large Onion, diced
58 ounces (4 cans) of canned Tomatoes
30 ounces (2 cans) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups of Water
Large stock or pasta pot with lid
Large serving spoon
1. Combine spice ingredients in a bowl and wisk until well combined. Set aside.
2. Add oil and onions to a large stock or pasta pot and cook on medium until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pot, turn off the heat, and set the pot aside.
4. Using a sauté pan, brown the ground beef, strain the fat drippings, and add the finished beef to the large pot with the tomatoes and onions.
5. Add the spice ingredients to the pot with the onions, tomatoes, and beef. Stir well to coat everything in the spice mix.
6. Put the pot back on the stove using medium heat and bloom the spices. Blooming means to heat the spices in order to wake them up and impart their flavor. This should take about 1 minute. Stir consistently during this stage.
7. Add the kidney beans and water to the pot and stir the ingredients to combine.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
9. After 2 hours, remove the lid and wait 10 minutes for the ingredients to meld.
10. Serve with a good squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!