Yield: 9 squares
10 Medjool dates, pitted
1 ½ cups Mixed Nuts
1 cup 71% Dark Chocolate Chips
8X8 inch baking pan
Food processor with chop blade
1. Place the dates in a small bowl and cover them with warm water. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Drain the liquid from the dates and add them to a food processor equipped with the chop blade.
4. Add the nuts to the food processor. Process the dates and nuts until they have combined and the nuts are small in size. The mixture will be sticky.
5. Transfer the mixture to your parchment-lined pan. Press the mixture into the pan until it is even and flat.
6. Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between heating’s. When you can only see a few remaining pieces of chocolate chips, the chocolate is hot enough. Continue to stir until the chips have completely melted and achieved a completely smooth, shiny texture.
7. Pour the melted chocolate over the date and nut mixture. Spread evenly.
8. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the chocolate layer to set.
9. Use the parchment to lift the bars out of the pan. Gently slice using a serrated knife. Serve and Enjoy!