4 large Portobello Mushroom Caps
8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
2 strips Turkey Bacon
½ large Onion, diced
1 Roma Tomato, diced
1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
½ teaspoon Dried Basil
1Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Butter
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Core and clean the Portobello mushroom caps and place them gill side up in a baking dish.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high. Add 8 ounces of diced mushrooms and a pinch of salt to the pan and heat until all the water has been released from the mushrooms and they are beginning to brown.
3. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent. Stir occasionally.
4. Add the turkey bacon, tomato, and garlic to the pan and cook until the turkey bacon begins to brown. Stir occasionally.
5. Add dried basil, Worcestershire, and butter to the pan and stir to combine and coat ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove the sauté from the heat and spoon the ingredients into the mushroom caps.
7. Place the baking dish containing the stuffed mushrooms into the oven and cook (uncovered) for 20-30 minutes. The mushrooms should retain their shape but turn darker in color.
8. Remove from the oven. Serve and Enjoy!
NOTE: Garnish with vegan mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese if you like.